luggage

Has anyone traveled just with their Tauck duffle bag on the K and T Safari? All of my clothes and gear fit in my TAUCK duffle. Is there a reason to pack my Tauck duffle into a larger roller bag with my gear and clothes? Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you!

Comments

• A few do, but it depends how good you are at carrying an awkward shaped, potentially quite heavy bag to and from the airport before Tauck takes over, that is the main regret people mention here.
  • edited July 2018
    A number of participants here have used a duffle only. We carried our duffles in suitcases. However, at Ngorongoro and Mount Kenya when we switched to duffles, my wife and I shared just one and left the other one in our suitcase- the duffle has plenty of room, unless you aren't a good packer. But as British said, a full duffle can be large and unwieldy to lug from car to/through airports. I much prefer a wheeled suitcase. Also, a duffle doesn't provide much physical protection for breakable items during baggage handling and in the hold of the aircraft.
  • Thank you very much for your responses!!!!!! I will probably take a roller bag given your very helpful info.
  • We are presently at the Mount Kenya Safari Club with two duffels and a small rollaboard. We check one duffel, and the rollaboard serves as a cart for the second duffel, both of which we carry aboard. Works great. We have done it half a dozen times on different trips. If you can’t fit it in the duffel, you don’t need it. We still always have more than we need. Use the laundry at Ngorongoro, Amboseli, and Masai Mara.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file